Featured Post

Programa Encuentro de Verano de Alternativas Educativas 2016 (EVAE 2016)

Programa Encuentro de Verano de Alternativas Educativas 2016 Nota: EVAE es una mezcla de encuentro/conferencia y   desconferencia , y lo...

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Alex Newby and Chloe Watson, living without school, England

Alex Newby
I have never attended school, but was instead autonomously educated at home until I was 16. I then attended college to take my GCSEs and A-levels, and from there went on to study a Master's in Computer Science and Philosophy at Oxford University, which I have recently completed. I am a huge fan of home education and the freedom it provides to focus on one's passions, without wasting time in the way school can. Being able to organise my own time and follow my own lights has definitely been to my advantage, and without home education I doubt I would be where I am today.

Chloe Watson

I was home educated for two years at primary age, and then again for most of my secondary years, having tried several schools and encountered bullying at each. Most of my studying was self motivated, and I worked my way through GCSEs and A-levels at home. From there, I went on to take a long-distance degree in Mathematics and Statistics, still studying from home. I also spent a lot of time in my teens advocating for home educated children politically, as chair of the Home Educated Youth Council, and I'm still active in my local home ed community today, running workshops for the next generation as the older kids once helped me.


No comments:

Post a Comment